Important informationWhat is Pilates?
Pilates is a form of low-impact exercise that aims to strengthen muscles while improving postural alignment and flexibility. Pilates moves tend to target the core, although the exercises work other areas of your body as well. Pilates teaches you the correct movement activation and sequence, starting in the central core and not from the outer dominant muscles. Pilates is a functional way of strengthening the body, by using the mind, correct breathing and pattern of movements. Pilates can aid in improving posture, spinal support, strength and flexibility.What to wear?
Wear formfitting clothes, this will enable our instructors to see if you are doing the exercises correctly. As for footwear, either barefoot or socks. If you would prefer wearing socks, look for socks with rubber detail on the sole, to prevent any sliding on the mat. Please remember to bring a small towel and water bottle with to class.Who can do Pilates?
EVERYONE! It can be practiced by all ages from children to elite athletes or people with specific medical conditions. Unless directly stipulated by your medical doctor, anyone can participate in Pilates.How can I book a session?
You can book either via our
online booking system or by sending a
Whatsapp or text message to 0824981332.
* If booking via a Whatsapp/text message please include your name surname, type of class, day and time of class.
* PLEASE NOTE: If you have completed this form for rebounding, you do not have to complete it again if you wish to do pilates.Who needs to attend a one-on-one assessment?
- This session is compulsory for anyone wishing to start their Pilates journey with us, but currently has an injury/medical condition. Assessments are R420, but you will be able to claim from your medical aid(price will differ from cash price).
- This is a comprehensive assessment by one of our physiotherapists, ensuring your safety before commencing with group classes and determining whether it will be safe for you to start with classes.
- Please note: Even if you do not have a current injury/condition you are still welcome to book a one-on-one session with one of our physiotherapists. This will help to keep track of your progress as you continue with Pilates
* If you attend a one-on-one assessment you do not have to attend one of the orientation classesFREE orientation class
During the orientation session you will be taught the core principles of Pilates, so please wear comfortable clothes. You will also be informed on how to use our online booking system, what to do before booking a class, and types of vouchers available. These classes will be held once a month, is absolutely FREE and all you have to do is send a WhatsApp/text message to 0824981332 at least 6 hours in advance to let us know that you would like to attend the session
Class times: Every 1st Friday of the month at 16:15 - 17:00Class times:
Monday: 17:00 - 17:45
Tuesday: 17:30 - 18:15
Thursday: 17:30 - 18:15
Sunflower/Protea Hall, Bloemcare
11 A.G. Visser Street
Bloemfontein, South Africa
Voucher optionsPilates only
- Voucher A: 1 session: R75
- Voucher B: 4 sessions: R260
- Voucher C: 8 sessions: R480
ORPilates AND Rebounding
- Voucher D: 4 pilates sessions plus 2 rebounding classes: R400
- Voucher E: 4 pilates sessions plus 4 rebounding classes: R540
* Please note: Vouchers are only valid for the calendar month they were purchased in, for example: If you buy the voucher on the 21st of the month, you will only be able to use the voucher until the 30th/31st of the same month. Please buy your voucher accordingly.
Banking details & payment options
On day of assessment you can pay via cash/debit/credit card or claim from your medical aid.
For payments of any group classes via EFT or cash payments please use the following details:
Classes should be paid in advance
Account name: Bloemphysio Fitness
Account type: FNB Cheque account
Account number: 6282 5608 302
Branch code: 250655
Reference number: Your name and surname
Please email proof of payment to before booked class time.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE ANY CARD FACILITIES AVAILABLE YET
082 498 1332
11 A.G. Visser Street, Offices@Bloemcare: 24 & 37, Langenhovenpark, Bloemfontein, South Africa