What is rebounding?
"2 minutes of rebounding is equivalent to 6 minutes of running, 10 minutes of swimming and 22 mins of walking. A 5-minute bounce is therefore equivalent to doing a quick jog around the block and 20 minutes offers similar benefits to health and fitness session of over an hour." - ReboundSA
Rebounding is a type of aerobic exercise that is performed while jumping on a mini-trampoline or a rebounder. Jumps can be fast or slow, and can be mixed with rest or aerobic stepping. It can be only cardio or a combination of cardio and strengthening exercises by using body weight, dumbbells or ankle weights for added resistance.
Benefits of rebounding
- Exercises the cells (cellercizing) – strengthening and cleansing every cell in your body with every bounce (including your muscles, eyes, ears, heart, major organs, skin etc).
- Increased energy levels throughout the day.
- Boosts lymphatic drainage, detoxifying the whole body and stimulating immune function.
- 68% more effective than running, without the impact stress on the ankle and knee.
- Increases bone and muscle density via the triple G-Force (gravity, acceleration and deceleration) of each bounce.
- Tones and firms the whole body, increasing lean muscle mass
- Minimizes the occurrence and duration of common ailments such as colds, allergies, sinusitis and constipation.
- Reduces sugar and carbohydrate cravings by circulating more oxygen to the tissue and establishing a better equilibrium between oxygen required by the tissues and oxygen made available.
- Improves coordination enhancing sport performance.
- Enhances proprioception the ability to sense the position, location and movement of the body and its parts.
1. How long do classes last?
40 minutes, including a warm-up and cool down.
2. What should I wear?
Any comfortable exercise clothing, that you can move freely in with normal gym training shoes or barefoot, please do not only wear socks, as you might slip on the rebounder
3. What should I bring with me?
A small towel, water bottle and tons of energy!
4. Who can do rebounding classes?
ANYONE! From children to elders. Due to the low impact on joints, it is ideal for anyone wanting to get fit, without putting strain on the joints.
* If you suffer from any pain/disease/pathology it is advised to get the clearance from your doctor or physiotherapist before you start.
5. What can I expect to feel after my first session?
It is normal to feel a little dizzy or lightheaded after your first session, as your body is not used to this type of exercise. If you feel dizzy during a workout it is advised to get of the rebounder for a few minutes, take a few deep breaths and continue once you don't feel dizzy/lightheaded.
6. How can I book a session?
You can book either via our online booking system or by sending a Whatsapp or text message to 0824981332.
* If booking via a Whatsapp/text message please include your name surname, type of class, day and time of class.
7. Class times:
Tuesday: 17:30 - 18:10
Wednesday: 17:00 - 17:40
Thursday: 17:30 - 18:10
Protea Hall, Bloemcare
11 A.G. Visser street
Bloemfontein, South Africa
Book your FREE first session
Please complete the online registration and screening form to book your FREE session!
* PLEASE NOTE: If you suffer from any pathologies, diseases or pain, please consult your doctor or physiotherapist for clearance to partake in rebounding.
* PLEASE NOTE: If you have completed this form for pilates, you do not have to complete it again if you wish to do rebounding.
Voucher optionsRebounding only
- Voucher A: 1 session at R80
- Voucher B: 4 sessions at R280
- Voucher C: 8 sessions at R500
ORRebounding AND Pilates
- Voucher D: 4 pilates sessions plus 2 rebounding classes at R400
- Voucher E: 4 pilates sessions plus 4 rebounding classes at R540
* Please note: Vouchers are only valid for the calendar month they were purchased in, for example: If you buy the voucher on the 21st of the month, you will only be able to use the voucher until the 30th/31st of the same month. Please buy your voucher accordingly.
Banking details & payment options
For payments of any group classes via EFT or cash payments please use the following details:
Classes should be paid in advance
Account name: Bloemphysio Fitness
Account type: FNB Cheque account
Account number: 6282 5608 302
Branch code: 250655
Reference number: Your name and surname
082 498 1332
11 A.G. Visser Street, Offices@Bloemcare: 24 & 37, Langenhovenpark, Bloemfontein, South Africa