The latest guidelines published according to the World Health Organisation
- Child needs at least 180 minutes of physical activity throughout the day
- Child must not be restrained for more than 60 minutes at a time
- 11-14 hours of good quality sleep a day (inclusive of naps) with regular routine.
- If 1 years old – screen time is not recommended
- If 2 years old – screen time should be no longer than 60 minutes.
Currently 80% of adolescence is not sufficiently physically active. It is important to establish healthy habits early in life as a foundation for adolescence and adulthood